AIIA has a long-term commitment to ICT industry development; our Vision is of a future where a thriving, sustainable and influential information industry accelerates the digital economy to enhance Australia's productivity and sustainability.
A strong, flexible and innovative ICT industry is essential to providing business and community with the productivity and communication benefits offered by technology in the global economy. The value of the ICT industry lies delivering value to every other sector of the economy.
AIIA and our members work to identify market and regulatory impediments to the successful growth of the ICT
sector in Australia and provide solutions to those impediments so that
Australia’s can grow through successful implementation
of ICT. This means
a high tech economy, powered by technology and delivering increased
AIIA's Council for Industry Development and Growth
The Association's work to drive ICT industry development is directed by the AIIA Industry Development and Growth Council, chaired by Deputy Chair of the National Board, Kee Wong - Managing Principal, eCentric Innovations. Key areas of activity include Government business and procurement, trade and export, workforce and skills, SMB development and the innovation / R&D ecosystem.
AIIA's activities are currently focused in the following areas:
- Including active promotion of National ICT Careers Week and input into the Council of Deans of ICT.
- CollabIT, a networking and business development program which helps like-minded companies form collaborative networks, source new markets and increase sales.
- MultiPLIERS, a program for multinational ICT companies, which attracts and aligns foreign investment in Australian businesses and member companies.
- Business networks, which bring together software companies that develop and innovate on Microsoft’s .Net platform to overcome the challenges that SME developers face in the ICT sector.
- The International Trade Network, which works in collaboration with Austrade to develop new markets, trading partners and international connections.
- Providing detailed input through formal Government submissions and ongoing engagement in policy development through Federal, State and Local policy development..