Australian Information Industry Association
About the AIIA
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem. We are a not-for-profit organisation to benefit members, and AIIA membership fees are tax deductible.
Since 1978 the AIIA has pursued activities to stimulate and grow the digital ecosystem, to create a favourable business environment for our members and to contribute to Australia’s economic prosperity.
We do this by delivering outstanding member value by:
- providing a strong voice of influence
- building a sense of community through events and education
- enabling a network for collaboration and inspiration; and
- developing compelling content and relevant and interesting information.
AIIA membership is open to all organisations in the digital ecosystem in Australia and is governed by the AIIA Constitution. Once an organisation becomes a member, employees can participate in and benefit from AIIA events, programs, Special Interest Groups and activities around Australia.
We represent digital organisations nationally, including:
- global brands such as Apple, Adobe, Avanade, EMC, Deloitte, Gartner, Google, HP, IBM, Infosys, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft and Oracle
- international companies including Optus and Telstra
- national companies including Ajilon, Data#3, SMS Management and Technology and Technology One; and
- a large number of ICT SMEs and digital Incubators.
AIIA’s strategic plan builds on our 38-year heritage, the very tangible contributions and thought leadership of our 500+ volunteers around the country and the great work of our executive team.
AIIA’s reason for being is clear: our sector is best-positioned to fuel Australia’s future social and economic prosperity through technology innovation. This means AIIA and our member companies have both a tremendous opportunity and a great responsibility – directly addressed in a multi-year strategic plan that brings us together as an industry; one that ensures we become ‘stronger as one.’
First, AIIA is consolidating our core business to focus on the two areas our members have said they care about most: advocacy and shaping policy for the ICT sector; and generating new business opportunities, increasing collaborations with other members, and building professional standing.
To that end, AIIA:
- Engages directly with policy makers and influences outcomes, particularly in the areas of innovation, skills, and government digitisation;
- Provides members with privileged access to key decision-makers, at both federal and state/territory levels;
- Creates events and meet-ups to provide members with greater networking and business opportunities; and,
- Regularly communicates with members regarding activities and outcomes.
From this platform, AIIA will execute against our longer-term plans to extend our relevance to other industry sectors in which ICT plays an important role, and ultimately expand our business, revenue streams and reputation.
While the work the AIIA undertakes ultimately benefits the entire ICT sector, we encourage all companies with a vested interest in the future of the ICT industry to participate. Being a member of AIIA demonstrates that your organisation is standing up as a leader in the industry and is actively contributing to the health and vibrancy of the ecosystem.