Australian Information Industry Association
About the AIIA
The AIIA represents the depth and breadth of Australia’s innovation technology companies.
Given the numbers of tech professionals employed by these companies, the AIIA represents a significant portion of the 500,000+ workforce of the Australian technology sector.
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is Australia’s peak representative body and advocacy group for those in the digital ecosystem. We are a not-for-profit organisation to benefit members, and AIIA membership fees are tax deductible. Since 1978, the AIIA has pursued activities to stimulate and grow the digital ecosystem, to create a favourable business environment for our members and to contribute to Australia’s economic prosperity.
We do this by delivering outstanding member value by:
- providing a strong voice of influence
- building a sense of community through events and education
- enabling a network for collaboration and inspiration; and
- developing compelling content and relevant and interesting information.
AIIA membership is open to all technology organisations in Australia and is governed by the AIIA Constitution. Once an organisation becomes a member, all its employees are entitled to participate in, and benefit from its activities, e.g. AIIA events, programs, Special Interest Groups and activities nationally. Being a member of the AIIA demonstrates that your organisation is standing up as a leader in the Australian technology industry that is actively contributing to the health and vibrancy of the Australian economy. See a summary of Membership Benefits.
We represent the depth and breadth of the technology sector encompassing organisations of all shapes and sizes all around Australia, including:
- Global and multinational corporations
- National organisations
- Small and medium businesses
- Startups, digital incubators, innovation labs
- Universities, TAFEs and Technology Schools
- Government agencies
87% of AIIA members are small and medium Australian businesses
In addition, the AIIA membership base encompasses a broad cross section of vertical segments represented across our membership base; including:
- Artificial Intelligence/Data and Analytics/Machine Learning
- Information Services
- Infrastructure providers - Cloud and Data Centre
- Professional Services/Strategy & Planning
- Security/Cyber Security/Fraud
- Government services
- Human Resources/Talent Acquisition/Workforce Planning
- Organisations from the non-ICT sector
AIIA’s strategic plan builds on our 40-year heritage, the very tangible contributions and thought leadership of our 500+ volunteers around the country and the great work of our executive team. AIIA’s reason for being is clear: our sector is best-positioned to fuel Australia’s future social and economic prosperity through technology innovation. This means AIIA and our member companies have both a tremendous opportunity and a great responsibility – directly addressed in a multi-year strategic plan that brings us together as an industry; one that ensures we become ‘stronger as one.’
First, AIIA is consolidating our core business to focus on the two areas our members have said they care about most: advocacy and shaping policy for the ICT sector; and generating new business opportunities, increasing collaborations with other members, and building professional standing.
To that end, AIIA:
- Engages directly with policy makers and influences outcomes, particularly in the areas of innovation, skills, and government digitisation;
- Provides members with privileged access to key decision-makers, at both federal and state/territory levels;
- Creates events and meet-ups to provide members with greater networking and business opportunities; and,
- Regularly communicates with members regarding activities and outcomes.
From this platform, AIIA will execute against our longer-term plans to extend our relevance to other industry sectors in which ICT plays an important role, and ultimately expand our business, revenue streams and reputation. While the work the AIIA undertakes ultimately benefits the entire ICT sector, we encourage all companies with a vested interest in the future of the ICT industry to participate. Being a member of AIIA demonstrates that your organisation is standing up as a leader in the industry and is actively contributing to the health and vibrancy of the ecosystem.