Australian Information Industry Association
The AIIA in the Australian Capital Territory connects members to a network of local contacts, events, information and business opportunities. With more than 40 members operating throughout the state, AIIA has a strong presence in the Territory.
AIIA's interests and activities in the ACT are coordinated by our ACT Council (listed below), an elected group of representatives from AIIA members who work on a voluntary basis to promote the Association and the ICT industry.
The AIIA in the ACT region:
- Offers access to knowledge, advice, contacts and business opportunities in the Canberra region
- Hosts a vibrant events program of business briefings, seminars and workshops which provide insight into industry trends and technologies
- Presents the Canberra Managers’ Forums, which introduces AIIA member companies directly with senior government guest speakers including Secretaries and CIOs
- Works with governments - both ACT and federal - to develop policies that support the growth of the ICT industry in the Canberra region
- Prepares submissions and provides business tools and networking opportunities to help local members boost their businesses
- Promotes local ICT capability through our sponsorship of the ACT iAwards programs
- Supports our local industry through AIIA's CollabIT ACT initiative, assisting AIIA members to collaborate with other Australian companies, forge alliances with multinationals and access new markets.
- Delivered the Canberra Manager’s Forum event series featuring keynotes from the Federal Government’s most important and influential speakers
- Established an official charity partner of ‘Hands Across Canberra’ and, on behalf of the industry, raised significant funds for the charity.
- Delivered a very successful iAwards program with a more than 200% increase in nominations over the previous year and culminating in a black tie awards evening held at the National Gallery of Australia
Chair: Greg Boorer, CEO, Canberra Data Centres. LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-boorer/2/989/b05
AIIA Events Team - email@example.com
Council members are elected at the Territory AGM, held in December each year, to serve for the following year.