Australian Information Industry Association
The AIIA in New South Wales connects members to a network of local contacts, events, information and business opportunities. The NSW is a large branch with more than 130 members operating throughout the state.
AIIA's interests and activities in NSW are coordinated by our NSW Council (listed below), an elected group of representatives from AIIA members who work on a voluntary basis to promote the Association and the ICT industry.
The AIIA in NSW:
- Offers access to knowledge, advice, contacts and business opportunities in the Sydney region and across the state
- Has lead the strategic vision for the Technology sector in Australia in a Post-Covid World through the chairing of the AIIA Whitepaper "Building Australia's Digital Future in a Post-Covid World"
- Hosts a vibrant events program of business briefings, seminars and workshops which provide insight into industry trends and technologies. Sponsorship of these events provides AIIA members an opportunity to engage with
- Senior Corporate and Government Executives. Should you be interested in sponsoring a NSW event, please contact Ron Gauci.
- Works closely with the NSW government and the Department for Customer Service to develop policies that support the growth of the ICT industry in the state and to provide critical insight into the policies and agenda of the NSW Government and its agences. This work is spearheaded through the NSW Government Policy Advisory Network.Offers access to knowledge, advice, contacts and business opportunities in the Sydney region and across the state
- Supports a range of other State and National Policy Advisory Networks, especially:
- Promotes local ICT capability through our sponsorship of the NSW iAwards program
- Prepares submissions and provides business tools and networking opportunities to help local members boost their businesses.
- Hosted outstanding events featuring a range of speakers from NSW Government, such as The Hon Victor Dominello, Minister for Department of Customer Service, CIDO of NSW Government Greg Wells, Mark Lenzner, Tony Chapman, Dawn Routledge and Ian Opperman from the Department of Customer Service, and Zoran Bolevich, CEO eHealth.
- Expanded the council to include a broader representation of the digital ecosystem including Australian based SMEs such as Hivetec
- AIIA Whitepaper "Building Australia's Digital Future in a Post-Covid World"
- Chair: Bridget Luke – Chief Digital Officer, IBM Australia
- Events: AIIA Events Team
2020 Council Elections
Council members are elected at the State AGM, held in December each year, to serve for the following year.
Key dates for the 2020 AIIA Council elections:
- Nominations open on Thursday, 8 October 2020
- Cut off for new AIIA Members to join and be eligible to nominate is Monday, 19 October 2020
- Nominations will close for on Thursday, 22 October 2020
- Online Voting will open on Thursday, 29 October 2020
- Voting closes on Monday, 16 November 2020
- Results will be announced at the Council AGM via video conference on Wednesday, 25th November 2020