Australian Information Industry Association
The AIIA in Western Australia connects members to a network of local contacts, events, information and business opportunities. AIIA has a strong presence in WA, with more than 50 company members.
AIIA's interests and activities in WA are coordinated by our WA Council (listed below), an elected group of representatives from AIIA members who work on a voluntary basis to promote the Association and the ICT industry.
The AIIA in WA:
- Hosts a vibrant events program of business breakfasts, CIO luncheons, member showcases and workshops which provide insight into industry trends, valuable market intelligence and regular networking opportunities.
- Works with the WA Government to develop policies that support the growth of the WA ICT industry, through the WA Government SIG
- Promotes local ICT capability through our sponsorship of the WAITTA Incite Awards, the WA aspect of the iAwards program.
- Active participation of the Government SIG included recommendations in support of the establishment of the Office of Government CIO
- Established regular meetings between Giles Nunis, Chief Executive and Government CIO and his executive team and the Council Chair and Deputy Chair; Giles Nunis was a panel member at the budget event held on 25 June (successful event with 105 attendees); and worked with the office on the development of the state’s first Whole-of-Government ICT Strategy
- Regular meetings with Hon Bill Marmion MLA, Minister for Finance, Mines and Petroleum
- Chair: Sharon Brown, Managing Director, Sharon Brown Associates
- Events: AIIA Events Team - email@example.com
Council members are elected at the State AGM, held in December each year, to serve for the following year.