Australian Information Industry Association
Developing IoT solutions to drive the future of the Mining & Energy Resources sector
Date: Wednesday 16 Mar 2016
Where: Riverbank Room 5, Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide
Contact Name:Kathryn Bothe
Price Non Member:$75
Table Price Member:$
Table Price Non Member:$
The Mining and Energy Resources Sector continues to face what can only be described as challenging market conditions. Competing successfully in this environment demands innovation and developing better ways of doing business.
Launched in January 2016, and funded by a grant from the SA Department of State Development, the AIIA IoT Cluster for Mining and Energy Resources has been formed to find ways to identify existing issues and improve the current situation.
Be part of the solution
The IoT Cluster's aim is to foster collaboration and map new business opportunities, while bringing together a variety of of ICT companies within academia, research and - mostly importantly – mining, oil, and gas companies and their supply chains.
We invite you to join other industry minds for a brainstorming workshop intended to drive key improvements in safety and productivity by identifying new IP and routes to market for IoT technology.
What to expect
With a focus on developing opportunities for IoT technology in mining, oil and gas, our first meeting will include brainstorming sessions and short presentations from key speakers on strategic business areas:
- David Floreani, Esri Australia: How geography can help bring all IoT information together and make it logical and actionable
- Peter Silversmith, CSC: MiningEdge and Workforce Management
- Dr Vinay Sriram, IPACS Australia: Remote asset management aechnology and applications
- Colin Farrelly, Indago Partners: The rapidly growing momentum for collaboration to enable interoperability across mine equipment, systems and processes
- Ian Smith, OSIsoft: Challenges, opportunities and strategies for integrating IoT sensors with industrial data ecosystems
- Andrew Culley, Deloitte: IoT - opportunities from disruption
- Davyd Norris, IBM IoT Watson Business Unit